Monday, February 28, 2011

There's nothing like a good friend.

The Browns descended upon Fort Worth at the end of February and I can't believe I'm not reading about it in the Star Telegram. I mean, seriously... these people are awesome. Some of my favorites in the whole world.

IMG_8540
This is our crew headed to the Fort Worth Federal Bureau of Engraving and Printing. (Which, by the way, was an awesome free tour.) Look how happy I am over there on the left. I love these people.

I've known Becca since I was 12? and living in Panama. Yes, the Canal/Panama. Long story. But she grew up there and I lived there from ages 11-15. Fast forward to college and she (and her husband) went to Notre Dame with my (now) husband. Did she introduce me to my husband, Matt, you ask? No, I met him at summer camp when I was 15. Anyway, I've known these people since I was a wee thing. It is a unique and special gift to have a couple that you and your spouse love so dearly. I think these two are crazy smart (He: MD, She: PH.D), crazy funny, and crazy genuine. I have shared many tears and laughter with this crew. I am so thankful for them. So grateful for friendships like this in my life.

IMG_8566

Aside from knowing each other as teens, we also got married the same year, lived in Chicago together (roommates at times) and have had three children - each all around the same time. Getting together these days (being each, a family of five) proves to be a challenge. They live in the northeast, and we are now in the great state of Texas. It means the world to have them make a trip like this. We. had. such. a. great. time.

IMG_8792
Ryan's cousin's art exhibit was showing here in Fort Worth.

IMG_8803
All of the kids piling on Ryan on the museum lawn.

IMG_8548
My first visit down to the Stockyards. It was actually pretty awesome, not as hokey as I thought it would be. I definitely recommend it.

I mean, check this out:
IMG_8585
These are not actors. They are not tourists. They are real cowboys getting their boots polished.

IMG_8579
It's a great place to take pics, lots of great backdrops. But good luck finding kids as cute as these to take photos of. ;)

IMG_8545
Kurt sacked out in the Stockyards. Doing his best not to look like a yankee.

Love you, Browns.
Y'all come right back, ya hear?

No comments: