Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tea For Two


IMG_2544.jpg
Originally uploaded by Sally Carns.
Last Thursday, Francis and one of her best friends, Grayce, hosted a graduation tea party in Roxane's backyard. For those of you who don't know, Roxane has been Francis's teacher two days a week for the past two years. I cannot put into words how thankful I am for her.

Last Thursday marked the last day that the "big girls" would be together and it was bittersweet to say the very least. Fortunately, we had a spread that would make our grandmothers proud - we pulled out the sterling and crystal for these sweet girls and drowned our sorrows in cookies, tarts and mini cupcakes.

The transition to Francis's new school, "Cordia," has been pretty good. We had a rough drop off today - lots of tears, but when I picked her up, there were tears because she didn't want to leave. So I count that as a good thing.

I tell ya, this parenting thing isn't easy. To leave your child in someone else's care... geez, are you kidding me? THE hardest thing... Ever. Do they know how uniquely special she is? Do they know how darn sweet and sensitive she is? and funny? Big sigh. I love that girl so damn much. I just want to do right by her.

Sweet Francis, I hope I picked a good preschool for you. I hope you learn all kinds of new and interesting things. I hope you meet all sorts of new friends and most of all... I hope it's fun.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

that's the sweetest note ever. someone, please...
pass the tissues!