Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sweep the Leg Johnny

The Karate Kid came out in the summer of 1984. I was ten years old, and my mind was blown. If you are between the ages of 29 and 34, and you are a male who spent his formative years in the United States, then this music video will likely blow your mind as well.

William Zabka, who portrayed Johnny in the original movie, directs and stars in this wonderful oddball reimagining of the Karate Kid in a music video featuring the band No More Kings.

One interesting piece of trivia about William Zabka is that sometime around 1991, he was leading Christian youth retreats. One spring evening when I was in high school, I found myself sitting cross-legged in a circle with Zabka as he strummed his guitar and gave his testimony. Good times.

No comments: