Monday, August 23, 2010

She speaks Spanish AND English!

IMG_2536

She hopped in our minivan with a big grin on her face, and when I asked how her very first day of Kindergarten went, she replied with a gleeful and confident, "Great!" She looked so grown up in that moment. Maybe it was her hair, pulled up instead of the normal two piggies, maybe it was her uniform, but she just seemed a little older and I found myself with a lump in my throat.

I started to ask her for more details, but before I could gather myself and form the question, she was a million words a minute:

"Mommy, did you know there is a girl in my class that doesn't speak any English and if you want to tell her something you have to tell another girl who speaks English AND Spanish and she tells the girl who doesn't speak English? Also, I share a locker with Kate. Oh, and I didn't eat all my carrots at lunch. I don't really like them without ranch."

Today was a great first day. I love her so much.

No comments: