Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Billions served

Flickr hit two billion photos today. That means the 8,400 photos that Sally and I have uploaded account for just over 4 ten thousandths of a percent of the total Flickr.com user space. Actually, by volume, I'd bet that our percentage is slightly higher. For a long time, we've been uploading high-resolution images to Flickr as a complete backup to our home drives and disks, so our 8,400 probably take up more space than the average.

Here's the 2,000,000,000th picture, by the way.

Also by the way, why is it that a search for TERRIBLE IMAGE on flickr produces this fantastic set? Am I missing something?

Further by the way, I was searching "terrible image" to make the joke, "at least the 2 millionth image wasn't this one." I couldn't find anything appropriate in a quick search.

No comments: