Monday, November 07, 2005

Rube Goldberg at Honda

Sometimes when the topic of careers comes up, people ask me why I studied engineering in college. My answer varies from "I was interested in a lot of things, and engineering was the only one I couldn't switch into midstream" (I'll explain that logic if necessary) to "it's what my dad did."

From now on, when asked that question, I would love to point people to this video. If you don't get fired up about this, then you shouldn't be in engineering.

For those who are interested, Wikipedia has a great entry on the namesake of such devices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Francis can be as quirky as her father, and as creative as her mother...

http://pbskids.org/zoom/games/goldburgertogo/game.html

Fulmer Fam said...

Hey, that is so cool, i sent it to my husband in Iraq, who is an engineer coincidentally.