Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ten Years!


Wheaton Ten Year Reunion
Originally uploaded by The Gulde Family.
I can't believe it's been ten years since I graduated from college...but it's true. I went to my reunion this past weekend and had a great time seeing everyone especially my college roommates, the phoenix house girls. However, I must say... there were some glaring absences. I really missed not seeing Mary, Steph and Erin. I love you guys. It just wasn't the same without you.

Some highlights were seeing Chris Haugen, Miriam and Brad Warren, Jeff Cooper and his wife and new baby, Greg and Amy Barber and their two little ones, Eric Veerman, Ingrid Moll and so so many others... those are just a few off the top of my head that I just don't get to see very often...if ever. There were, of course, a number of folks that live relatively close that were there, but I bump into them here and there. It was the crew that lives out of town that was such a sight for sore eyes. I just hope that another ten years doesn't pass before I see them again.

Went to chapel on Friday morning. That was surreal. Then wandered around campus... went to the new Stupe (don't get me started on my opinion), the new CPO (you could buy your old box!), ate at the Front Street Cocina (No Bueno- sick the next two days) and then headed to the mens soccer game.

After the game Matt and Francis went to bed and I got to hit the town! I met up with a bunch of my classmates at Bin36 downtown Chicago. It's a swanky wine bar off of Dearborn. As much as I enjoyed seeing my classmates, I was reminded how I don't miss that "scene" from my single life. The dress up and pay $10 a drink scene... I mean, don't get me wrong. I like going to a nice restaurant every once and a while, but for the most part, I'd much rather be at home eating a pizza and watching a movie with Matt then dressing up in my finest and sipping martinis. More power to you folks who do though ;). I think I used up all of my energy for that between '95 and '02. Wait, I take that back... give me a 70's funk/Beastie boys playing club like Johnny Jackson's Soul Satisfaction used to be in Nashville and then I might just shake my groove thang out the door. Alright, alright I have completely gotten off topic. It's past midnight so I'm beginning to ramble.

All of that to say, I had a great weekend. The only real disappointment came when realizing that you really can't truly catch up with someone in a 10 minute conversation at a soccer game or dessert hour. I wish we had had more time. What dear friendships I have been blessed with. May I continually be reminded not to take those friendships for granted. Thanks to all of you guys for a fun weekend. Love you.

No comments: