Monday, May 16, 2005

will sorry


will sorry
Originally uploaded by The Gulde Family.
I visited McDonalds for lunch today. After ordering the usual (number 3 with a coke), I snapped a picture of this sign on the cash register.

What did the author intend here? Is he new to the language, and did he mean to say "we're sorry"? Perhaps the manager's name is Will, and there's an understood "is" in there.

Regardless, I appreciate the effort. The sign gets the message across, and I knew not to even try using the credit card. They even called me a "dear" customer. You know, I put a lot of effort into developing a relationship with McDonalds. I've eaten hundreds of quarter pounders and thousands of fries. I have slurped an olympic sized swimming pool of McDonalds coke. It's nice for them to recognize my effort and call me a dear customer.

Right back atcha, McDonalds.

3 comments:

Dave Donoghue said...

I am finally signing up because I could not just sit by reading Matt's factual inaccuracies. Thousands of fries? I protest, at least tens of thousands and perhaps hundreds of thousands.

Anonymous said...

Dave points out a misconception that others might have: you don't have to sign up to leave a comment. You can choose "Anonymous," and then write your comment. If you want, you can sign your name or some alias at the bottom of your comment.

As to the supposed inaccuracy that Dave protests, I concede.
mg

Anonymous said...

a mcdonalds billboard across from my apartment in uptown once stated proudly for several weeks that over 99 billoin had been served. thats why they're working at mcdonalds though right?
-jeremiah